Elastic Digital Pty Ltd Anti-SPAM Policy
At Elastic Digital, we believe that permission-based marketing is not only the legal
way to market, it is the best way to market. By creating an account and agreeing
The law isn't enough, it's permission that counts
Because Anti-Spam legislation varies so widely from country to country, we want
to make sure you gain the full benefits of true permission-based email marketing.
Spam is any email you send to someone who isn’t an existing customer and hasn't
given you their direct permission to contact them.
Permission is a vague term so we want to be more precise.
What kinds of email addresses are OK to use in a campaign hosted by Elastic
To send email to anyone in a campaign hosted by Elastic Digital, you must have clearly
obtained their permission. This could be achieved through:
- An email newsletter subscribe form on your web site.
- An opt-in checkbox on a form. This checkbox must not be checked by default, the
person completing the form must select the checkbox to indicate they want to hear
- If someone completes an offline form like a survey or enters a competition, you
may only contact them if they ticked a box that clearly indicates they want to be
contacted by email.
- Customers who have purchased from you within the last 2 years.
What kinds of email addresses ARE NOT OK to use in a campaign hosted by Elastic
Anything that doesn’t comply with the above examples is not permission-based. By
using Elastic Digital for your campaign(s), you agree not to send any emails to
- You do not have explicit, provable permission to contact.
- You bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired from a third party.
- You haven't contacted via email in the last 2 years. People forget that they gave
you permission some time ago and they have often changed their email address or
will object now to your email contact.
- You "scraped" or copy and pasted from the web. Just because people publish their
email address doesn't mean they want to hear from you.
Some of these people may have given you their email address, but what's missing
is your permission to email them a commercial message. Blasting promotional emails
to any of these people won't be effective and will more than likely see all your
email marked as spam by many of your recipients.
What content MUST I include in my email?
Every email you send in a campaign hosted by Elastic Digital must include the following:
- A single-click unsubscribe link that instantly removes the subscriber from your
list. Once they unsubscribe, you can never email them again unless you later receive
their specific permission to do so.
- The name and physical address of the sender. If you're sending an email on behalf
of any other entity or person, you must include their details as well.
- All e-mails must state the reason the recipient is receiving the message. For example,
"You are receiving this message from ABC Company because you signed up for our e-mail
list at www.abc.com."
How we'll know if you don't have permission
Elastic Digital is proud of its record in helping our clients comply with Anti-Spam
legislation and helping them obtain excellent responses to their campaigns. Therefore,
we have several mechanisms for helping you comply with our anti-spam policy. Here
are a few of them:
- Until we have approved your account, links from your emails to your campaign microsite
will not be activated.
- We monitor blacklists and abuse accounts all day every day. We can pinpoint who
is causing us delivery problems or attracting complaints very easily.
If we do discover that you're emailing people without their permission, we will
terminate your campaign immediately.
In the end, it's really common sense. Put yourself in your contacts’ shoes. If they
don't recognize who you are or aren't interested in what you're sending, they'll
think you're a spammer. It's that simple.
If you have any questions about our Anti-Spam Policy, or if you want to report spamming
activity by one of our customers, please contact us at:
Elastic Digital Pty Ltd
Suite 108, 59 Great Buckingham Street
Redfern NSW 2017
+61 2 8396-5701
+61 2 8399-3601